Knowing the types of burial insurance in Tennessee is vital to ensure your loved ones get the benefit quickly. This article will show you how.
Above all, life is unpredictable. Furthermore, no one knows when they will take their last breath. That is why it is vital to have a plan in place for your final expenses.
When you pass away, burial insurance ensures your family does not face an unexpected financial burden.
Tennessee is a great state to purchase burial insurance. Several reputable companies offer policies at an affordable price. In addition, the state has several regulations in place that protect consumers.
If you are considering purchasing burial insurance, Tennessee is a great state. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of burial insurance in Tennessee.
Here are some key points we will be going over in this article.
- Tennessee offers burial insurance through many reputable companies at an affordable price.
- There are two main types of burial insurance in Tennessee: pre-need funeral insurance and final expense insurance.
- You may consider purchasing burial insurance in Tennessee to provide peace of mind for your loved ones, financial security, flexibility, and guaranteed benefits.
- Cheap life insurance companies in Tennessee include AETNA, Family Benefit Life, Mutual of Omaha, SBLI
Easy Article Navigation
- What is Burial Insurance In Tennessee
- Types of Burial Insurance In Tennessee
- Why do you Purchase Burial Insurance in Tennessee
- Cost of Burial Insurance Tennessee Plans
- Tennessee Burial Insurance Policy Benefits:
- Cheap Life Insurance Companies in Tennessee
- Funeral & Burial Expectations in Tennessee
- Average Funeral Cost In Tennessee
What is Burial Insurance In Tennessee
Burial insurance In Tennessee is a type of life insurance that pays for the costs of your funeral and other end-of-life expenses. It is important to know that burial insurance in all 50 states is different.
It can cover the costs of your burial plot, funeral service, and other related expenses. You should have this type of coverage in place to ensure your loved ones aren’t financially burdened after your passing.
Many different types of burial insurance policies are available, regulated by state laws, and the best option for you will depend on your needs and budget.
In fact, you can get a policy through a life insurance company, a funeral home, or another provider. Furthermore, comparing policies is the best idea before making a decision.
Looking For Affordable Burial Insurance in Tennessee
If you live in Tennessee and are looking for burial insurance, there are a few things you should know. The following is an overview of Tennessee burial insurance.
- First, in Tennessee, there is no state-sponsored burial insurance program. However, many private companies offer this type of coverage. You can get a policy through a life insurance company, a funeral home, or another provider.
- Second, you should ensure that the policy you choose covers the costs of your funeral and other end-of-life expenses. Your policy should clearly state what is covered and what is not.
- Third, you will need to name a beneficiary for your policy. It is the person who will receive the death benefit from your policy. Be sure to choose someone you trust who can handle your funeral costs’ financial responsibility.
- Fourth, burial insurance policies are generally low-cost and easy to obtain. However, they are not right for everyone. You may not need this type of coverage if you have significant assets. Talk to your financial advisor to see if burial insurance makes sense for you and your family.
If you are considering burial insurance, compare policies from different insurers to find the one that best meets your needs.
Remember, prices and rates are different in every state. For example, rates and carriers available in Tennessee, may not be the best say in the State of Ohio.
Secure your loved ones' future with burial insurance
Or Call Lisa & Danny at 855-380-3300
Types of Burial Insurance In Tennessee
There are two main types of burial insurance in Tennessee:
Pre-need funeral insurance:
Above all, pre-need type of funeral insurance in Tennessee is a type of life insurance that pays when you die.
It is an irrevocable contract purchased by the insured party and paid out to the beneficiary or beneficiaries designated in the contract.
The beneficiary(s) are responsible for paying off the debt incurred by funeral home expenses or other expenses related to the insured person’s death.
Final expense insurance:
This type of burial insurance in Tennessee covers funeral and cemetery costs but not cremation or burial vault fees unless they are part of the funeral service plan.
These plans may include pre-need, prepaid, or direct payment options with different payout amounts based on a term policy or single premium option.
Why do you Purchase Burial Insurance in Tennessee
There are many reasons why you may want to consider purchasing burial insurance in Tennessee. Moreover, some of the most common reasons include the following:
- You are already covered by life insurance policies but want to protect your loved ones in case of accidental deaths.
- You have children and want to ensure they can get a proper education if something happens to you.
- You have recently lost a loved one and are looking for a way to pay for their final resting place.
The best part about purchasing a burial insurance policy is that it can help you avoid any future financial stress caused by unexpected expenses such as funeral costs, burial plot fees, or even embalming services.
Cost of Burial Insurance Tennessee Plans
The below rates are for ages 50-90. Coverage of between $5,000-$15,000. Overall, we offer coverage from $2,500 to $50,000.
Cost of Burial Insurance For Males
|Age of Applicant||$5,000||$10,000||$15,000|
Cost of Burial Insurance For Females
|Age of Applicant||$5,000||$10,000||$15,000|
Let’s look at burial insurance in your surrounding area:
Tennessee Burial Insurance Policy Benefits:
Tennessee Burial Insurance is a great way to protect your loved ones by offering them financial peace of mind. This policy provides the following benefits:
Peace of mind:
Many families worry about their loved one’s final resting places, and the cost of burial insurance can help them relax.
Burial insurance can cover the cost of burial or cremation, including the cost of services, caskets, vaults, and any other expenses related to the burial or cremation process.
Burial insurance guarantees payout in case of loss due to natural disasters, vandalism, and theft. It also covers funeral expenses in case of death by accident or other unforeseen circumstances.
Burial insurance policies offer choices on how to use any payout, allowing you to choose between cash or term life insurance policies, fixed or variable rates, and more.
In addition, many burial plans will enable you to split your payout with other beneficiaries if desired.
All burial insurance policies in Tennessee have guaranteed benefits. It means you will be covered for all expenses related to your burial, whether or not you have any pre-existing conditions or dependents.
If you lose someone close, this can be a valuable benefit to know about.
No medical exam:
There is no requirement that you undergo a medical exam or provide any health information before purchasing this policy, making it easy for you to get coverage right away when you need it most!
Fortunately, getting a Tennessee Burial Insurance Policy doesn’t take long at all! You can apply online or call our office directly at 855-380-3300 to get started on applying for coverage today!
Once approved, our professional claims representatives will help ensure everything goes smoothly from start to finish!
The Free Look Period
Tennessee law requires that you have a minimum of 30 days to evaluate the cost of burial before signing a contract.
It is known as the “Free Look Period.” The state will not enforce your contract until after this period has passed. You have ten days to decide if you purchase a new policy in Tennessee.
There are twenty days to replace your life insurance policy if it is a replacement.
Also, don’t forget you can still cancel a life insurance policy anytime, even outside the free look period. The only difference is you won’t receive a refund of any money paid.
You cannot lock a life insurance policy into a long-term contract. You can use any time to cancel your subscription.
👇Take a break, see what our clients are saying about us👇
Compare Quotes From The Top 18 A/A+ Rated Carriers Instantly
Or Call Lisa and danny 855-380-3300 where final expense insurance is done differently
Leading Causes of Death in Tennessee
In Tennessee, cancer and heart disease are the leading causes of death. CDC lists the following as the state’s top 10 causes of death:
- Heart disease
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Kidney disease
Tennessee Average Life Expectancy:
Tennessee is a state that has a high rate of natural disasters and tornadoes. These events can significantly impact the health and financial stability of individuals, families, and businesses.
The State of Tennessee ranks 46th in the nation for life expectancy at birth, 73.8 years (2020), and has an infant mortality rate of 6.2 per 1,000 live births, which is lower than the average rate of 7.7 deaths per 1,000 live births nationally.
Life Insurance Laws in Tennessee
To find cheap life insurance in Tennessee, you must shop around and compare quotes. Ensure that you are familiar with the state’s life insurance laws. Life insurance laws in Tennessee include the following.
- Free look period – Policy owners have the right to request a refund during the free examination period, also known as the free tryout period. Free look periods usually last ten days in Tennessee.
- Missed payment grace period – Life insurance payments in Tennessee are due 31 days after you miss a payment. If you do not renew your policy within this period, your insurer may cancel it.
- Claim settlement time – Tennessee life insurance companies must pay beneficiaries within 60 days of a death claim being submitted. Those who take longer will have to pay interest.
- Contestable Period – A life insurance policy in Tennessee is contestable after two years. You might be denied payment for your claim during this period if you made material misrepresentations on your application.
Cheap Life Insurance Companies in Tennessee
Tennessee life insurance companies offer various affordable options to meet your needs.
Some companies offer burial insurance, which can provide an additional source of income for your family after your death.
If you’re looking for reliable and affordable burial insurance in Tennessee, consider one of the following companies as your go-to provider:
- Family Benefit Life
- Mutual of Omaha
- Security National Life (SNL)
- American Amicable
- GPM Life
- Liberty Bankers Life
- Royal Neighbors of America
Funeral & Burial Expectations in Tennessee
A lot of the decision regarding handling your final remains is up to you. In Tennessee, however, there are specific laws your family must follow when you pass away.
It might also require them to follow other rules if they are not buried on your property. A cemetery or funeral home will set these fees.
A death certificate in Tennessee is issued by the Vital Records Division of the county’s health department. To conduct a burial or cremation, this critical piece of paper must be obtained, which must be received by the family or funeral director.
You must apply for a death certificate within five days of the death.
Embalming and Preservation
A funeral home cannot embalm your loved one without your permission, nor is it required by Tennessee law. Direct burial or refrigeration are both options a funeral home will offer you.
Although most funeral homes lack cold storage, the deceased’s body can quickly decompose without any form of preservation.
Therefore, your funeral director may insist on embalming in cases of delayed funerals or cremations. Embalming is required if the body will be transported out of state.
A deceased person may be buried on their land or in a cemetery in Tennessee. Members of many churches are also able to use cemeteries.
Public viewings, Memorial services, and burials are common elements of funerals. To ensure that there are no specific restrictions in the area, you’ll need to ask your local zoning commission about home burials.
The alternative to burial is cremation. A crematory reduces the body to ash after heating it to approximately 1,400°F. An urn or other container returns the ashes to the family.
This service is only available through a licensed crematory, and the county medical examiner must be notified before the cremation.
The ashes of a loved one can be laid to rest on private property, buried in a cemetery, or scattered in public parks (with permission).
Average Funeral Cost In Tennessee
It depends on several factors, such as the region of Tennessee where the funeral will take place, how much it will cost, and the type of service you want.
Costs do not include headstones, monuments, markers, cemetery property, plots of land, columbaria, etc.
In Tennessee, the average cost of a traditional burial is $7,271, while the average price of a cremation service is $6,314.
Why Choosing InsuranceForBurial.com is the Right Choice
In burial insurance, you can find various companies offering this service. However, all sites are not created equal. Below are the three main reasons why purchasing your policy directly from us is essential.
- We are independent. We can negotiate with various burial insurance companies and guarantee you get the best prices.
- We are a firm solely focused on our clients’ needs. Our business model revolves around serving the needs of our clients, and we do not favor one insurance company over another. We strive to provide our clients with the best policy possible; no other agency or agent can provide them with a better one than us.
- Our company has been selling final expense life insurance for years. Since we have underwritten thousands of applications, we know precisely how each carrier works. Based on this knowledge, we can find companies that look at your health the best and approve you at the lowest cost.
Our goal is to provide our clients with accurate and timely information to make informed decisions, but we don’t pressure them to do so. Finding a company that has all these qualities may be complex.
Finding affordable Tennessee burial insurance is far easier than you might imagine, but you need to know where to look.
Allow us to help ensure that you get a policy that fits your circumstances and provides the level of standards you expect.
Our goal is to help make your life easier at such a trying time. It’s never easy to say goodbye to someone we love, but we hope you can take some stress off of yourself as you plan for the future.
For more information, please call 855-380-3300 or click here to request an appointment.
Here is some information on other states:
Peace of mind for you and your family
With Burial Insurance
More Burial Insurance Resources