Quick Tip: If you are looking for same-day burial insurance coverage for autoimmune disorders fill out the form to the right.
Over 24 million Americans suffer from Autoimmune Disease. There are over 80 diseases that affect daily living. These chronic health impairments are difficult to bear and can create stress on your mind, body, and soul.
Article Easy Navigation
- Burial Insurance With Autoimmune Disorders
- Final Expense and Autoimmune Disease
- Autoimmune Disorder And Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
- Life Insurance With Autoimmune Disease
- No Medical Questions Burial Insurance Policy Autoimmune Disorder
- Guaranteed Life Insurance With Autoimmune Disease
- Final Expense Whole Life Insurance
Burial Insurance With Autoimmune Disorders
It is odd to think of our bodies malfunctioning to such a degree that they attack themselves, but that is exactly what happens for most people with an autoimmune disorder of some sort.
There are many kinds of autoimmune issues, and they range from irritating and uncomfortable to life-threatening. It is why people with autoimmune issues may struggle to find insurance, including final life expenses or burial insurance.
Let’s first look at autoimmune issues and then some tips for finding burial insurance if you have been diagnosed with one or more of them.
Final Expense and Autoimmune Disease
There was a time when autoimmune diseases went undiagnosed or untreated. Today, though, we understand the gravity of these pre-existing conditions as:
- Crohn’s Disease – A form of IBD or inflammatory bowel disease, it causes everything from diarrhea to damage in the intestines. It can be treated with any number of medications, but it can also be very difficult to manage and live with. Some of the medications used for treating it make it difficult to get burial insurance or final life expense coverage
- Scleroderma – This is a rheumatic issue that causes the body’s connective tissues to harden. It may not be progressive, but it is chronic. It varies from person to person and can range from mile to severe and irreversible. There are no medications or remedies for it, and this may be a reason that finding burial insurance when diagnosed with an autoimmune like scleroderma is difficult
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis) – This is when your immune system goes after nerves and causes all kinds of problems. Each person varies in how the condition manifests, but it may cause muscle issues, weakness, blindness, paralysis and more. Some of the medications used for treating it make it difficult to get burial insurance or final life expense coverage
- Arthritis – Rheumatoid arthritis attacks the joints and leads to inflammation, pain and chronic swelling. It can lead to permanent damage and disability. It has some medications and treatment options, but may also make it difficult to easily find burial insurance, depending on the severity and medication regimen
- Diabetes, Lupus, IBD, and other issues are all also part of the range of autoimmune issues that may lead to difficulties in obtaining final expense insurance because of the unpredictability and medications used to treat them
So, how can one go about getting burial insurance if diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or scleroderma? It requires working with a firm that can pair or partner you with an insurance firm offering guaranteed issue insurance.
Autoimmune Disorder And Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
While the whole world of burial and final expense insurance is quite interesting, we are not going to delve into the different aspects or elements of it here.
Instead, we are going to look specifically at the tips you’ll need if you have a diagnosis of an autoimmune disease like scleroderma or Crohn’s Disease and want burial insurance.
Why? Because you are not going to be able to qualify for what is known as a policy with underwriting. Underwriting is familiar to anyone with insurance coverage because it uses information about you to determine whether you qualify.
Life Insurance With Autoimmune Disease
The insurance company is going to collect basic data and plug it into their formula to see how high a risk there is that they’ll have to pay out on the policy you buy.
As a basic example, an underwriter on an auto policy is going to look at the age, driving history, job history, and other details before offering a driver coverage.
They need to know how much risk is involved with that specific driver before extending a plan. If there is huge risk involved, the plan will cost the driver a great deal.
No Medical Questions Burial Insurance Policy Autoimmune Disorder
At the other end of the spectrum is a guaranteed policy that understands there is a risk and simply imposes to terms to offset the risk:
- A higher premium for the coverage
- Waiting periods before full coverage begins (typically, this is a two-year window of time in which the policyholder will not have the face value of the coverage available to beneficiaries. Instead, if they pass away in that two-year span, the company refunds premiums plus interest to beneficiaries)
The good news is that if you are someone with autoimmune issues like Crohn’s or scleroderma, you can find a final expense insurance policy that does not come with an overly high premium. Additionally, you can find one that may not impose a lengthy waiting period.
Guaranteed Life Insurance With Autoimmune Disease
Of course, if you want the pros of a guaranteed issue policy, there are several. For example:
- You get the coverage no matter what autoimmune disorders you have or which medications you are required to use. You won’t face the disappointment of going through an application or phone interview only to hear the agent say no to your application because you gave a single, affirmative response when asked about chronic health issues
- Applying for a guaranteed issue plan can be incredibly simple when you select the right provider
- There are some options with no-wait policies
- The most familiar and trusted names in life insurance also make guaranteed issue burial insurance available
- Pricing may not be as high as you imagine because the plans are often for those over age 50 and on fixed incomes
It does not matter whether you have one autoimmune disease or several, or whether it is something less familiar like scleroderma or more common like IBD and Crohn’s, there are options for guaranteed issue burial insurance.
The policies will pay your beneficiaries a lump sum and this can be used for any funeral-related expenses, including legal fees, travel, cremation, and more.
Final Expense Whole Life Insurance
InsuranceForBurial.Com Final Thoughts
How can you determine if there are options for final expense insurance suitable to your needs? Go with a trusted provider. At InsuranceForBurial.com, visitors can use the “instant” quotes features that ask for some basic information and then provides quotes to compare.
You will be able to start coverage the same day you apply and stop worrying about where loved ones will get the funds needed to deal with your final expenses.
For more information about autoimmune disorders, CLICK HERE.